Monday, February 8, 2010

To: The Distant One #1

Written today from 8:33pm-8:46pm, Taken from a journal.

I want you to know
that the season has changed.
That I've shed my skin.
That time is not the same as when you started.
I want you to know so many things,
as they are spilling out of the tops.
And they become as obvious as existence
and death.
But maybe my signs aren't clear,
and you'll stray into a cluttered forest
and get lost in the "uncomfort."

So then I will need to look for you,
and rescue you from being, almost certainly,
lost.
Once I lose you in the frosty cool depths of "unknowing,"
the road to retrieve you will be almost impossible to tread.
As one day, you will meet another traveler
who will beat me to where you are,
and my grips will forever lose strength on you,
and you will eventually float away
into forgetfulness... of me.

But I'm hesitant in fixing my signs,
as I start to guess where your path should truly lead
and where your ultimate joy resides.
Before, it didn't matter to me, where you ventured off,
However, you cracked my heart open, like a coconut,
and let the liquid love pour out like melted chocolate
glazing onto your strawberry heart.

I spend my days now, mapping out the roads you should take,
to get you where I think you should be.
However, maybe I should remove all signs,
and let you roam whichever way you please,
like a wild beast who is hungry for love.
For only that way, will it truly lead
to where you need (want) to be.

4 comments:

  1. wwwoooww niceeeeeee sisi.. damn it i wish i could express my self this way .. awwww ♥ Ex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful writing. it simply says how everything is complicated, but shouldn't be. at least it is my interpretation.

    Laszlo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I ♥♥♥ this one. I love this impossible road to try and retrieve someTHING..or maybe anything. No matter what you think about, this is true in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "like a coconut,
    and let the liquid love pour out like melted chocolate
    glazing onto your strawberry heart" too sweet for something so painful ; ( Expulsada

    ReplyDelete