Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Untitled

Taken from a journal  - May 21, 2008 -  No time recorded (strange)
*note: not all my poems/thoughts/writings/crumbs are self-reflected hahahaha)*

I sat in a room,
and above my head,
in an opaque mist
I saw my father
in a room, dark as the inside of bodies.
He sat in an armchair.
Both of his hands on the armrests
and my little arms at my sides.
I stood in front, facing him.
My six-year-old pupils glazing at him, vacuous.
His shirt was clean, my eyes were lost.
The chair was tired,
and his fasteners [buttons] undone.

4 comments:

  1. Is it really not self-reflected? Cause this one sort of scared me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha no its not self-reflected, hence the note. You'd think I'd want to publicize something like that if it pertained to my life? hahahaha.

    Why did it scare you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know... I guess not :)
    'Scared' was maybe a strong word, let's say it made me uncomfortable... I have a friend who lived such shady situations... I guess it reminded me of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is scary... but i love the way u make me see everything so detailed and real

    ReplyDelete